Monday, March 03, 2008

1:00 Church

Last year we had 8:30 a.m. church. I hated every minute of it. Dallin generally wakes up between 7 and 7:15 every morning......except when we had really early church. I always had to wake him and Mia up. They were always cranky and had to have their bath the night before so Mia's hair looked like crap and it was hard to get them dressed because they were still half asleep and they never had time or the desire to eat before we left. All around it was a nightmare for the kids and a nightmare for me because Ben went to church at 6 for meetings so he was never there to help me. Now the kids can have a fresh bath, they are always up way before it's even time to get ready, they can eat several times before we go to chuch if they want, and they are much more compliant with getting dressed. But even though I hated 8:30 church.......I don't like 1 p.m. church either. It is way too late. What ever happened to the days of 9 or 10 church?????

11 comments:

Emily M said...

Amen to that. We have 1:00 church right now, and it seems like the getting ready part eats up the WHOLE day. But the kids DO do better-- you are right.

Ruth said...

I love Dallin's hair cut. It looks so blond in this picture. I just want to squeeze them both.
Why does Dallin have a gun? Does he like the nursery leader?

Elizabeth said...

Nice haircut on Dallin. Are they that happy when they come home from church?

Jill said...

Wow, cute pic! 8:30? That's nasty! But you're right. So is 1:00. I used to complain about always having 9:00 church even though we're the only ward that uses our building, but now I've decided I like it, with kids, anyway. Any later would run too much into lunch time.

Jennie said...

1:00 church is the worst. you wait around all day for church and then when it is actually time for church it is time for lunch and a nap.

Lawther family said...

I hear you there. 8:30 yuck! and 1:00 is right about nap time. We need a 10:30 or an 11:00 church time!
How is pregnancy going? Your kids are way too cute!

JLMartin said...

Our kids are TERRIBLE with 1:00 church...we finally switched to 9 and its perfect. Your kids are so stinkin' cute!!!

Kim said...

I think we finally have the perfect time. We have 11:00 church. Plenty of time to get ready and you're not getting home right before dinner. Although, even though have plenty of time to get ready we still struggle to get to church on time. We kind of lounge around the house longer than we should and end up being late. Lol!

Val said...

We have 1:00 church, too and it's horrible for the poor little kids who need a nap!

Skye said...

Once again, I must make my plug for cutting church to 2 hours. Then wards could meet at 9:30, 11:00, and 12:30 (or something) instead of some of the horrendous times we have now (last year our church was at 3:00pm!!)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.