Monday, November 23, 2009

DALLIN IS 4!!

Dallin turned 4 today. I guess since it is after midnight he turned 4 yesterday (Nov 22). It was a great birthday for him. He is growing so fast and I wish he would just slow down. Dallin is a great kid. He makes me laugh hysterically everyday. He says some pretty funny stuff. He's really into pirates/pirate ships lately. As soon as I mentioned a pirate ship cake there was no turning back for him. I HAD to make one. I am NEVER making anything other than a plain old ordinary cake again. This cake was rediculous. Fallng apart as I frosted it, pieces cut too much, had to put cookies on to hold it together, etc... I think it looked horrible but Dallin LOVED it, and that's all that matters.


Dallin after church with his cake and goodie bag from the Bishop. He was so cute when they sang to him in Primary.


Opening his first present. Kind of an impromtu thing. We don't normally open presents on the bed but I thought this was a cute picture of all 3 kids. (Yes, I'm laying in bed. No, there was no way to crop me out of the picture and get the kids, I tried. I have a sinus infection, I was tired from staying up to make that blasted cake so give me break, okay)


Dallin's favorite gift, of course. He didn't even care about cake and ice cream after he opened this bad boy. I'm glad he likes it because it's really annoying when you think your kid is gonna love a gift and they hardly play with it.


This is how much he loved it. I guess he doesn't mind sharing his bed with the ship. I think it's great! Simply a Dallin thing to do.

10 comments:

Missy said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy. Wow! He really does like that pirate ship. It is pretty cool.

Diane, the cake looked awesome! I'm sure it tasted good, too. Hope you feel better soon.

Tiffany said...

First of all, you're ridiculous because the cake looks amazing.

Secondly, that Dallin is so cute and funny! I love that he took the ship to bed with him.

Wahoo! Happy Birthday Dallin.

Sue Ellen said...

Looks like Dallin had a happy day. Looking forward to seeing you this week. You are growing up so big and handsome, Dallin.

Team Carroll said...

Terrific job on the cake! I went super lazy on Matthew's "cake" this year and just did a bunch of cupcakes, decorated with frosting and fruit snacks. Congrats on choosing the right gift too! I totally agree with you on how annoying it is when they aren't excited about something you give. You obviously made the right choice this time! :)

Jessica said...

He's darling! Happy birthday Dallin!

Dave said...

Wait, so which pirate ship is the cake that you made? Is it the pirate ship in the first picture or the one in the fourth picture? Both look equally pirate-ship-like so it is hard to tell. Which ever one it may be, both would be amazing as a cake.

Just us Nelsons said...

Wow! I can't believe that Dallin is 4! The cake looks amazing! You are one talented lady. Hope you are all doing well!

Ruth said...

Um...Mia's teeth?

Skye said...

My mom made a pirate cake for one of my brothers when I was little. The sails caught on fire when they lit the candles, and all the little boys thought it was the awesomest birthday party ever.

Lawther family said...

I think the cake looks great! come make one for us. :)
Dallin is so handsome. I love his little smile too cute