Saturday, December 05, 2009

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS.......

Well, you know the rest. Except Mia's teeth never gave her any time to want them for Christmas. Her new ones started growing in before the baby ones fell out. Mia was happy to finally lose a tooth but I, on the other hand, am sad. I mean, a child losing a tooth is like growing up 5 years overnight. It is such a growth milestone. I'm not ready to have a 6 year old much less one who is losing teeth. Starting that gaps-in-the-teeth awkward stage of life. I guess her teeth and her growth couldn't care less what I am ready for.

She actually brought the pliers to Grandpa Martin and had him pull the first one out. It was the day after Thanksgiving. Luckily the tooth fairy had a little cash in her bag.


This is a good view of the teeth growing in, in all kinds of wrong places. They have straightened considerably since the baby teeth came out.


OH THE HORROR OF GETTING THE SECOND TOOTH OUT. Mia did not willingly want this one out. It was hanging by nothing but she was afraid it was gonna hurt. Ben and I just wanted it out so the new tooth had a chance to grow in straight. After many tears it finally was pulled Monday night with dental floss.

7 comments:

Skye said...

awwwwwwww, that is so cute. I guess I can see it would be a saddish thing for a mom - like cutting hair for the first time, or how when I put pigtails in Seville's hair the first time I was so sad, because it was so cute but such a "little girl" thing as opposed to a "baby thing."

Ruth said...

Cool, maybe she can loose her top teeth also and have a HUGE gap!

Jennie said...

So funny that you posted that on Saturday as our Kallie lost her very first tooth on Saturday! I echo all of your sentiments, these babies are growing up too fast! Of course, Evie is mad that she hasn't lost her first tooth yet since Kallie is "the baby" as Evie says. ;)

Missy said...

I saw this Diane and thought no way! Laci lost her first tooth-on the bottom- last night. She was so excited as I'm sure Mia was. I'll have a post just like this probably tomorrow. Wow, I can't believe their losing teeth already. We had to run out and get the tooth fairy some cash. She didn't even have a dollar.

Maryann said...

I have a blog now.

Jill said...

That's crazy! I am so opposite! I can't wait for Joseph to lose a tooth and see if the tooth fairy comes.

I always think of you at the New Year because I wish I was partying with you! Hope you had a good one!

Lawther family said...

goodbye sweet baby face, hello ackward stage. Kainoa is there too. It is a sad thing for sure.
She is so cute and heres to hoping that she lets you pull out the others with a little less stress huh?