Thursday, September 27, 2007

NASTY!!

Over the last few days I have been babysitting two little girls for a woman in our ward who just had a c-section. They had various snacks in their bag, including some pop-tarts. Apparently one of the girls didn't finish hers and she laid it aside somewhere. Dallin found it. He was sitting on the couch about to eat it. I went over to sit beside him and noticed he has some of the filling on his thumb and he was just looking at it. I told him he should lick it off. He proceeds to hold his thumb out for me to lick and gives me a big smile. I promptly licked it off. He then looked at his thumb and pushed it down towards his diaper. As I got my senses back to the taste in my mouth, I realized......HOLY CRAP, THAT'S NOT POP-TART FILLING.........IT'S POOP. Oh yuck.....oh yuck. Meanwhile, I run to the kitchen, gagging, and scrub my tongue with hot water and force myself to gag enough times I threw up. Then I drank about a gallon of water and it was all over. Yeah.....NASTY! Dallin knew exactly what he was doing. But I still love him. He's too cute not to.

12 comments:

Ruth said...

That is so dee-scus-ting (as Angel would say). I guess that is what you get for eating after people (way after people). Did Ben change Dallin's diaper?

Ruth said...

Is that on your diet? I wonder how many carbs that is?

Angel said...

Sick and maybe you shouldn't lick other peoples thumbs.

Jared said...

That's the awesome-est story I've heard in a long time. I'm literally laughing out loud as I type. I mean, I'm sorry that you had to eat poop, but I can't help it - that's just downright hilarious.

I'll make sure we have lots of chocolate pop tarts at the house when you come out for Christmas... :-)

Skye said...

HAHAHA!! Oh man! That story was the highlight of my day!

Elizabeth said...

WTH? No photos?

So, did Ben give you a Good-Night kiss that evening?

herb

Team Carroll said...

That is horrid. Yet that does lead me to a question of what does poop taste like? :) I've said on more than one occasion that something tastes like poop, though I don't think I've ever tried it to really know...

Anonymous said...

that is the nastiest thing i've ever heard...absolutely nasty

JLMartin said...

what's wrong with eating poo?

Val said...

wow, I feel really nauseated now! I'm glad you survived and lived to tell the story!

Emily said...

Holy crap Diane that is funny. So, it's really that bad, huh? I always wondered. I'm licking stuff off Easton's thumb all the time...I will definitely be more careful from now on.

Hilarious!

Jill said...

That's so gross and hilarious all at the same time. At least it was your own kid. The way you were setting it up, I was afraid the nasty thing was going to come from one of the kids you were watching. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't enjoy tasting my kid's poop, but if it were some other kid's poop, that makes the story about a thousand times more gross, you know? I'm sorry to hear about your painful surgery! You're so dang tough!