Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mia's First Day of Kindergarten!

Mia was so excited to start school. She attended all day Pre-K last year so she is acclimated to school but she was still really excited to start at a "real" school. Her school is brand spankin new and her first day was a success. She wanted to ride the bus to school but I forced her to let me take her so I could get a few pictures. She rode it home though. She rode it to and from school today. Her teacher is really great and has previously taught 1st grade for 6 years so she will know exactly what the students need to know to be prepared for next year. SCORE! I am stoked for Mia because I always loved school and so far she is handling it well. Sorry the pictures are in reverse order. Blogger is stupid! AND, I'm too lazy to fix it.





13 comments:

Suzanne said...

She looks so old! It's pretty exciting.
Austin is excited for the school bus too.

Tiffany said...

What a cutie! Nails done and all :)

Elizabeth said...

Check out the tan, it is ridiculous! What fun days ahead. It makes me remember my little girl.

Jennie said...

Yay Mia!! Evie and Kallie loved kindergarten last year and have loved the first two weeks of 1st. Hope you have a great year, Mom!!!

Sue Ellen said...

Looks like you are starting off good,Mia. I always loved school too and the school bus was parked in my front yard because my mom drove the bus. How great was that!

Jennie said...

Mia is going to LOVE school! School is an exciting thing at our house!! I can't believe out BYU babies are in school already. Doesn't it feel like just the other day we were taking our daily walks around Provo?? Where does time go??

Ruth said...

LOVE the piggy buns!

Jessica said...

Starting school in the middle of August should be illegal!

She does look darn cute though! And excited!

Maryann said...

Angel told me that Mia thinks her piggy buns look like bear ears. That cracks me up!

Lawther family said...

What a cutie! I love school too, my kids are loving it too.
Have fun this year. :)

Jared said...

Go Mia! Holy cow, she is looking all grown up. School rocks!

Jill said...

Ahhhh! Diane, I am freaking out about this! Our kids CANNOT be old enough for Kindergarten! We don't start until after Labor Day. It's been good to be able to see that Mia's day went so good. It's helping me get out of denial. :)

Emily M said...

Yay! She looks so cute, and so brave to ride the bus! Harris's school has a terrible bus system-- one way only and the stop is not very close to our house, so we've been driving/carpooling. Glad it went well. Miss you guys!