Monday, May 19, 2008

PREGNANCY UPDATE

I am now 31 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Yessss.....a little less than six weeks to go. I have gained 9 pounds. Why so little you ask? Because it's hard to gain weight when you are still throwing up everyday. It is a daily occurrence that I think this......I wish this baby would come NOW...oh, but then she'd be sick, never mind...is there a way to have your baby really early and not have her be sick?? Then I get over it....slowly. My hips hurt so badly that there are times when I seriously can't walk. I rarely move anymore without pain. I feel really horrible that my poor little kids are getting neglected as I have to rest ALOT. I even fainted in my room while getting ready for church yesterday. No Ben because he was at meetings and my kids were downstairs. Obviously I survived but I was scared. I know it doesn't sound like it but, I really am happy and excited to be having this baby. On a happier note. My blood sugars are stupendous and my kidneys and eyes are fantastic with no problems. The baby is moving alot and she is growing right on target. Ben will be in India for two weeks and will be coming home from India the day I turn 37 weeks and I will be having my amniocentesis without him. If the test is good then she will come shortly thereafter. Talk about close timing. Anybody want to come help me for those two weeks?? PLEASE!! Here is a picture of my ankles (or should I say cankles) at the end of the day.

13 comments:

Jessica said...

Hang in there Diane! You're almost there, and you look great! Well. . . except for the cankles!

Suzanne said...

I can't believe you have gain such a little amount of weight. I gain that after Thanksgiving dinner. I wish I could come help for those two weeks. You guys could just fly up to Boise! :) Hmmm, your doctors probably won't like that.
Hang in there. Soon you will have a sweet little baby!

Suzanne said...

I can't believe you have gain such a little amount of weight. I gain that after Thanksgiving dinner. I wish I could come help for those two weeks. You guys could just fly up to Boise! :) Hmmm, your doctors probably won't like that.
Hang in there. Soon you will have a sweet little baby!

the splendid life of us... said...

You are a very cute pregnant lady. I am glad the end is closing in for you. Sorry that it has been painful, that can't be easy!

Emily said...

This is the second blog today I've read with the word cankles. How funny. That is EXACTLY what my feet looked like when i was pregnant.

Glad you're doing great (except for the puking and fainting)!

stef said...

Oh man I wish I could be there to help you! Good luck on everything and if it is any consolation you look GREAT!

Tiffany said...

I've been complaining about not having a husband around for two weeks at a time and now feel kinda dumb because I really don't have any major worries. You are amazing to get through all of that stuff and you are a great mom!

Lawther family said...

You look great! Sorry you have gained so little and are so sick. I feel like a jerk for complaining when I am prego, I have my fair share of problems, but nothing like you. I am amazed by your strength and courage. :) I wish we lived closer to help you out.

JLMartin said...

Feel free to fly the kids out here while Ben is gone. lacey

Jill said...

Owie owie owie! Those feet make me hurt! I can't believe you're still puking. How awful! You're amazing and that gorgeous baby girl will be well worth it in the end!

Team Carroll said...

Sorry to hear that Ben has to go so far so close to your due date. You beat me! Patrick went to Hawaii at 36 weeks and I was worried! I wish I could help out, but at this stage, I probably wouldn't be much help. I too am hoping to go any day. Hang in there! You're doing great!

JLMartin said...

i feel like i haven't talked to you in a long time...call me with grand central sometime. lacey

Tiffany said...

Easy does it...just because I'm not excited about Tennessee doesn't mean I'm closed minded.