Monday, July 11, 2011

First Furniture Makeover Project

This is an old dresser that used to be in Ben's grandparents' house and we eneded up with it a couple of years ago.  It was just too plain and needed a little help.  I didn't get a good before picture.  This will have to do.  You get the idea.


Here is one drawer after priming, painting and glazing.

Here is a drawer pre-glaze.

Another pic of the dresser pre re-do.
Glaze on a painted drawer.

The finished product.

The drawers were fun to do because they had a little dimension to them but the flat sides and top were a pain. We painted the handles with an oil rubbed bronze paint.  They used to be an ugly gold color.  





I was pleased with the final product.  Now, my next projest awaits.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Everything you choose to do - you do it perfectly! Awesome job!

Amanda said...

Diane that's sooo cool! Maybe you can help me with something?

Ryan & Janna said...

That looks awesome...makes me want to redo my ugly dresser.

Emily M said...

me, too. i love it.

Stephanie said...

Just catching up on your blog! Your kiddos are all so adorable! I love the way Dallin always cocks his head to the side for pictures :) I wish we could get Cami and my little Sara together. I have a feeling we'd have our hands full! Hope you all are doing well and enjoying your summer!

Jill said...

Diane, it's beautiful! Way to go!