Thursday, October 28, 2010

MY LIFE AS I KNEW IT IS NOW OVER.

What do I mean by that title, you ask? What I mean is that now I can no longer lounge around at home with my children and go out if I want to and stay in if I want to(yes, please). We decided it was time for Mia and Dallin to start soccer......do you see where I am going with this? Mia has practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Dallin has practice on Wednesdays. They both have games on Saturday.....which wouldn't you know are never back to back (ok, once they were). Mia, sadly enough, got a totally crappy coach. Crappy with a capital "C". Dallin has a decent coach but you know, he's 4. Dallin, not the coach ;-) But, they have been enjoying themselves and have learned a lot. I have been enjoying watching them grow in their confidence and team play skills and I also like that they get tons of exercise and that they have learned to endure to the end of a 45 minute game. I don't like all the driving and dragging of kids and finding cleats and shin guards and socks and wrestling with my child's leg to get the shin guards and socks on and filling water bottles and looking for balls and that Ben has church on Wednesdays so I don't even have the option of getting his help those nights. But, he makes up for it the other nights. It only gets worse from here, right? Dang it! I think Ben is just stoked that his kids are playing soccer. I think I am going to try and convince him to coach in the spring. We'll see. Please enjoy the pictures of Mia and Dallin's skills on the field.


This poor little toot has to come along to every practice and game. Actually, she REALLY likes it. Her turn will come soon enough.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lawther family said...

I so know what you mean... soccer is so demanding, but so fun for the kids. Now imagine having three in soccer all at different times! Have fun, I love the pictures.

Jill said...

I hear ya. This is me next fall when Justin starts. Craziness. And you're right, it just gets worse from here on out.