Sunday, October 05, 2008

a little update

Mia turned 5 on Friday. She got Candyland, the BEE movie and some little pet shops. I have been reminded how much I like playing Candyland as we have played it a few times since she got it. We had a party for her since she has never had one. But, in great parent fashion, we forgot to take pictures because we were too busy dealing with the 8 five year old girls that were there. It was fun. Mia liked it. Through it all I learned that I don't want her to have a party every year.
When Ben's parents came last weekend we went to Calaway Gardens. Even though nothing was in bloom it was still really pretty and peaceful. I want to go back in the spring when all the azaleas are in bloom. This was the only picture I had with all of us in it. Ben was taking the picture. I think they were looking at a worm......gross!
We also went to the aquarium. Grandpa had never been. This is Mia up close and personal with a jellyfish and Dallin in the background.
Our CRAZY kids.......WE love them!
We blessed Cami last month. It was a great day and she did really well.


10 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a super cute family. We miss you guys. I like your bangs too.

Ruth said...

I love the jellyfish.
Hey, who took that great picture on Cami's blassing day? :)

Ruth said...

blassing is what happens when it takes so long to get to the blessing day :)

Jill said...

Whoa, a five year old? That's crazy. I can still think of going to meet Mia at Wymount and she was wrapped in her cool world map blanket and we played Dr. Mario. Good times.

Ryan & Janna said...

Your family is so cute. It was fun to see Ben again, it made me miss your family. You guys are brave to do the party thing, my poor kids will probably never get a party, I'm too chicken.

Tiffany said...

This is Dave - that pic of Mia and the Jellyfish is awesome!

Mia, Dallin, and Cami look so happy and cute. You guys are doing a great job.

Val said...

Claire got Candyland when she turned 5 and it brought back all kinds of memories to play it with hr! Happy birthday, Mia!

Lawther family said...

Love the jelly fish picture. Love the family picture of the blessing day. Thanks for the update and the pictures. :)

Suzanne said...

Diane, check out the link on my blog to cynthia peterson photography. a few entries down is Maggie Peterson is getting married (Forrest's little sis). My mom told me that she is marrying your cousin (a Martin from Mtn. Home.) Funny.

Lawther family said...

Hi Diane,
Lopaka and I tagged you so go to our blog and have some fun. :)