Thursday, April 17, 2008

GROSS, GROSS AND GROSS

I'd have to say that my first two pregnancies were pretty hard on my body. But, this one by far has been the hardest. I'd like to tell a story that might illustrate what I mean. This morning I had to go to the doctor......big surprise. I got the kids ready and was getting myself ready when I started to feel a little sick. We got into the car and by that time I felt worse. We are on our way 3 miles down the road to my brother's house so my sister-in-law Lisa can watch the kids (I don't know what I would do without her). About a half mile away from our house I got that horrible feeling in my stomache and my mouth started to water. I thought, I'm gonna throw-up.......no problem, I can make it to Lisa's. Then, I started thinking franticly, do I have something in the car I can throw-up in? My eyes were searching for a place to pull over because much to my dismay I was not going to make it to Lisa's. Ah.....the Dollar General......thank you! I pull over far away from the few cars in the parking lot. I barely opened my door and leaned out when it started to come. Wretch after wretch I thought......could this possibly get any more embarrasing and misserable? YES!! I was hoping that no one would notice me with all my glory. You know, throw-up slobber hangiong from your lips as you wretch again and you don't even care. Just as I was finishing, a man walks toward me and asks if he can buy me a drink or something. It was very nice of him and I think I managed to get something out like....."I know this is so gross....sorry......I'm pregnant.......I have water in the car but thanks anyway". I was thinking......NO, don't come over here......you'll make me feel even more disgusting, and you'll see the nasty stuff. As I drove away, I thought......would I have ever offered help to a person throwing up? Probably not. I have problems! And one of them is that I still throw-up ALOT......at 7 months pregnant. This can't end soon enough.

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

I am so sorry---augh! that is miserable. I'm sure the kids in the backseat were like "what is up with Mom??" I swear moms get an extra point or two in heaven with all the crazy pregnancy stuff that happens to us.

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

Poor thing! I am glad that you made it out the door. 7 months is way too long to feel like that...I can barely handle it for 7 weeks.
I hope it goes away!

Emily said...

Eww, Eww, and Eww!
I'm so sorry Diane, that sounds so horrible. That was nice of that guy to offer to help!

Tiffany said...

Bad news bears...this sounds absolutely horrible. We're pray'n for ya!

JLMartin said...

Maybe Joseph was pregnant when he threw up on the kiddie ride at lagoon.

Val said...

You poor thing! That guy was pretty nice for coming near a throwing up lady! Hope you feel better!

Anna@Exasperation said...

I would definately ignore the person throwing up. I wouldn't be helping them at all! I'm so sorry you're STILL throwing up. That's AWFUL!

Ruth said...

Um...It's Wednesday. Did Ben come home yet?

Jill said...

Oh, Diane! That is quite a story! You're almost done so hang in there. When you see that beautiful girl, it'll all have been worth it, right? I hope your body doesn't have such a hard recovery too!

Lawther family said...

You poor thing, you get all the good luck thrown your way huh? Its almost over though, and what a nice guy to come offer help. Good luck. And take care

the splendid life of us... said...

I really like your family picture, it is looks great!