Monday, November 05, 2007

TIME OUT FOR WOMEN

THIS WEEKEND WE WENT TO TIME OUT FOR WOMEN. IT WAS MY FIRST TIME AND I RATHER ENJOYED IT. IT WAS UPLIFTING, INSPIRING, TEAR-JERKING AND AMONG OTHER THINGS......ENTERTAINING.
me, my sister Ruth, my mom, my sister Maryann, my sister Elizabeth and my sister-in-law Lisa were there
Michael McLean was our host so he sang many times as he did the segways into the other presenters.....I had been to a couple of firesides by him while I was at BYU so I had heard some of his cheesy lines before but it was still good
Jenny Oaks Baker(daughter of Dallin H. Oaks) was our musical talent for Friday night and talented she is. She plays the violin and graduated from Juilliard.....ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!
Mary Ellen Edmonds was a speaker on Friday and she was one of my favorites.......VERY FUNNY!!
Cherie Call was the musical presenter on Saturday. She is a singer/songwriter that I had heard of many times but never listened to. I liked her a lot. She was kind of folk-ie but it wasn't too much for me. We had many other presenters including Emily Watts which I also loved and a couple of professorsf rom BYU and an Air Force pilot who now writes books. All in all it was great.

5 comments:

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

I am jealous. I really would love to get to one of these.

Jordan and Danny said...

Your so lucky to hear Jenni Oaks Baker play. She is so amazing, huh? i've meet her a couple of times, and I love that she's so nice because a lot of professional musicans aren't. Cute Halloween pictures too!

Jill said...

How fun for you! I love the Michael McLean photo. I love his cheesiness. And I totally dig that folksy stuff (Go Peter Breinholt!), so I'm totally jealous. I keep hearing good reports about these. Darren's mom went this year and loved it too.

Val said...

I loved TOFW! I'm so glad you got to go, too! Mary Ellen Edmonds was our MC and she was hilarious! I'm so jealous you got to see Michael McLean! I love Mormon celebrities!

Emily said...

Hey that sounds so fun! I have heard such good things about TOFW and I really want to go sometime.

Awesome pics!